Life Happens

It has been 5 years since I last posted. Life has been a roller coaster since that time.  In that span of time:

  • My oldest graduated from HS in 2017 and has gotten married to a wonderful guy (During COVID) 😏
  • I started a part time job with the Kohler Foundation. (amazing place that does incredible things!)
  • I organized and began the first "Warm the World" community service project.  We brought the Sheboygan area community together to make quilts for those in need. With over one hundred volunteers and hundreds of yards of donated fabric and materials, we completed and donated close to 120 quilts and still counting.
  • We have moved three times. One local move and two out of state moves
  • My second child graduated from HS and is now attending college remotely due to COVID
  • And.... COVID 😢
  • Husband works remotely
  • Youngest is doing school remotely
Life has happened and it's been rough! We are learning to adapt and endure with positivity. As we have lived in several homes during this time, I've had dreams of beautiful fabrics and textures in all of them. I'm hoping this latest move will prove to last longer then the others. 

I have beautiful white kitchen cabinets and a huge island.  It's black with white granite counters.  Warm wood floors and large windows help lighten the space and make it feel spacious. Yes, you heard it!  Large windows!!!!

I can't wait to dress them with a more transitional styling that is cozy and minimalist. I have wood blinds coming soon. So the paper on the windows is helping with the "fishbowl" feel.  We have been in the house for almost 2 weeks and love how it's coming together.  Until next time, stay positive, love those around you and reach out to those outside of your Socially Distanced circle. We will get through this together. Have a great week!




Comments

Popular Posts