So Many Changes!

Well, it's been one and a half years and I am just now catching up on my blog.  Obviously, it's been massively neglected!  We have made a big change and relocated to a beautiful little town called Kohler, Wisconsin.  The homes are quaint cottages with beautiful tree lined streets and a horse drawn carriage that drives by in the twilight hours of the night.  Yes, very Norman Rockwell esk.  Unfortunately, the cute little cottage style of all the homes here leaves me little space to sew, measure, pin and press.  Regardless, we must sew on!  (On a smaller scale)

I've been doing little projects here and there but have spent much of my time serving in my church and raising my 3 kids in a very new and different environment.  I've learned how to make soap, turned discarded wood blocks into art and traveled to more places in 18 months then I ever have in my life.  Cancun, Georgia, Utah, Nashville and the Buckeye state (OH-IO), we attended concerts, football games, historical phenomenon's, we survived -40 degrees and loved on our family and friends.  All in all, we have been busy and loving the memories we've made.



Here are the results of my soap making experience.  With the help of an experienced soap maker,  I made and the packaged these cute little soaps for the women in our church as a gift. They were given at a "bee" themes dinner we put together that encouraged us to "pollinate the world" with the gospel of Jesus Christ.  Thus, the honeycomb soap.




 Here is a block art creation for my son.  I stained the wood blocks different colors and then lowered and raised them using foam board to create dimension and texture.  It is back lit with battery operated LED Christmas lights so he can use it as a night light. 
 Ohio State Football Game!  National Champs!
Lake Oconee, Georgia!  Beautiful!
 Cancun, Mexico, snorkeling.


 This is where we call home now.  Home of the Kohler Company and the 5 Star resort, The American Club. Beautiful during all holidays with flags, flowers baskets, wreathes in the winter and beautiful Christmas lights.






And just a few minutes away from the beautiful Lake Michigan!  What an adventure we have had!  Updates on my most recent projects to come. 

Comments

Popular Posts